- Overseal Residential Care Home opened in 1990 to enable older people from the local community to continue living as independently as possible by receiving care and support consistent with their incapacities and disabilities.
- Originally, Overseal was a doctors’ surgery which was built upon and extended to form Overseal Care Home to care for members of the community.
- Overseal has been built to a very high, modern standard providing up to date purpose built accommodation.
- Overseal has many attractive features including a lovely front garden area, beautiful bedrooms, most of which have en-suite facilities, views of the grounds and a range of luxury dining and lounge areas.
- The home is well integrated and thought of in the wider community and where possible involves itself in community life.
- Overseal is set on two floors and is serviced by a passenger lift.Overseal has 2 lounge areas which are decorated to a very high standard.
- One lounge has a vibrant atmosphere with background music playing and activities.The other is a quieter lounge which enables residents to read and knit in a peaceful relaxing environment.
- Overseal has a third smaller lounge area which is perfect to allow residents to sit privately with family members and other visitors.
- Overseal has a large separate dining area which is always beautifully set with table cloth and flowers.
- At the front of the home is a beautifully kept garden area which has a well maintained lawn and peaceful seating areas. There are views of the beautiful fields at the back of the home which can be viewed from many bedrooms and a lounge area.
- Please contact our Home Manager, who will be delighted to make a time to show you round Overseal. You can find our contact details at the “contact us” section.
Overseal is equipped with a variety of equipment which is covered by maintenance contracts to ensure safe and reliable operation. Some of the equipment includes:
- Assisted specialist bathing equipment
- Hoists for lifting
- Digital weighing scales
- Pressure care mattresses
- New laundry equipment
- New Freezer in the kitchen
- Rug doctor – specialist floor cleaner
- New drugs fridge
- Delicious, home made nutritional meals are prepared by the home’s chef.
- The weekly and daily menus are always displayed in the dining room. Overseal offers a selection of alternatives and endeavours to comply with any special requests and accommodate any special dietary requirements. Overseal encourage residents to eat in the dining room but may have their meals in their bedroom if they wish. We can also arrange for a relative to join a resident for a meal if they wish.
Overseal ensures that all outside services that are needed are arranged. Some of these services include:
- GP services
- District Nurses
- Visits from Social Workers
The Home Manager can arrange any additional services that may be required
- The Registered Home Manager, has achieved an ICQ Level Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care.
- The Registered Home Manager leads our professional team in providing high standards of person-centred care.
- Overseal carefully recruits its’ staff and most have been employed for many years. All staff have induction, foundation. mandatory training and either have or will be working torards achieving a National Vocation Qualification of Level II and III in Care. When recruiting staff, Overseal only employs individuals who are caring, understanding and patient with a good sense of humour.
- Overseal provides ongoing training, supervision and assessment to maintain exceptionally high standards of care.